Out of hours works are required to undertake the removal and replacement of paving at the intersection of Ipima and Condamine Streets at Northbourne Avenue, southbound. The work will take place from 10:00am, Friday 23 March to 4:00am, Monday 26 March.
Through-traffic on Northbourne Avenue will not be affected by the intersection works. However there will be:
- No right turn onto Northbourne Avenue from Ipima Street
- No through-traffic between Condamine and Ipima Streets
- No access into Ipima Street from Northbourne Avenue
- Left turn onto Northbourne Avenue permitted from Ipima Street
- Detours clearly sign-posted and road traffic management arrangements in placements.
The equipment and plant to be used includes an excavator, water cart, telehandler, road saw, tipper truck, light vehicles, HR vehicle, VMS boards, lighting towers, vac truck, concrete pump, asphalt laying equipment, profiler/milling machine.
The construction team will limit impacts wherever possible by reducing the number of machines operating at the same time and turning off equipment when not in use. Aside from the elevated work platforms that will be used, all other plant and equipment to be used on site will have non-tonal beepers. Workers will also be instructed to keep noise to a minimum.
Thank you for your patience during these important works. To receive a construction update via SMS please text “YES” to 0428 446 028. This is a free service.
If you have any questions related to works in your local area or the wider project, please contact Canberra Metro: